Stardew Valley review
September 5, 2020
Stardew Valley is a farming simulation video game developed by ConcernedApe. In Stardew Valley, the player takes the role of a character who was recently left by their spouse and takes over their grandfather's old farm. The player has to manage their character's time, energy, and money to grow crops and raise livestock. Stardew Valley is an indie simulation game developed by Concerned Ape. It was originally released in 2016 for PC and Mac, but in the same year ported to Linux, Xbox One, and PS4 consoles.
A farm in Stardew Valley is made up of four main areas: a farmhouse and its surrounding farm, the town, the mines, and the beach. The player may explore the town, interact with the townsfolk, go to the beach, or go into the mines. There are many opportunities for the player to socialize with the townsfolk, and some NPCs require the player's help to reach certain goals.
The player starts the game with a handful of basic tools and a few hundred dollars on their person. They can choose to live in a small cabin on the outskirts of the town, or search for a more expensive home to purchase. The player starts the game with a handful of basic tools and a few hundred dollars on their person. They can choose to live in a small cabin on the outskirts of the town, or search for a more expensive home to purchase.
The player is able to explore the valley and the surrounding areas, meeting and interacting with other characters and finding new areas to explore. Along the way, the player can do many activities such as catching fish, hunting animals, mining, and fighting monsters.
Stardew Valley is a pixel art game with a top-down perspective, and featuring 16 colors. The game's graphics are a mix of 8-bit and 16-bit styles. The player's character, NPCs, and buildings are all rendered in a pixelated style, while the environment is a mix of simple textures and 3D models.
Information about replayability
This game is very replayable because of its endless possibilities. Every year the player may choose to plant different crops and raise different animals, and make different choices, which might result in different possibilities. Stardew Valley is a game that is open for the player to explore. The player can choose to do different activities at any time and in any order they choose. The player is also able to choose how the game ends, based on choices they make throughout the game.
- The player may have control of their own schedule
- The player can explore the town and interact with the townsfolk
- The player has the opportunity to socialize with the townsfolk
- The player may explore the mines, which offer a risk of injury or death
- The player may visit the beach
- The player has a choice on what to do with their character's energy
- The player can take a break from the game and resume it later
- It is a game that is very difficult to master
- Stardew Valley is a game that is not for everyone
- The player has to manage their character's time, energy, and money
- There is an option for the player to have a relationship in the game
- There is a risk of injury or death in the game
Stardew Valley was released in February of 2016, and has been met with both critical and popular acclaim. The game has been praised for its beautiful pixel art graphics, its addictive gameplay, and its charming and well-developed characters.